Sunday, January 24, 2010

Baby rock!

Ruth and Jack decided to start their own percussion band on Friday.


They got out a couple of big metal bowls and some cooking utensils and rocked out. You can't tell from the videos, but their banging is extremely loud! I love how every once in a while Ruth taps on Jack's "drum." And in the second video, Jack decides to lick the spoon. :-) They're so funny.





I am looking for more things for them to do, though. Ruth has been getting bored in the house, and Jack gets bored when he is here, too. We read books, play with blocks and color every day. Ruth also enjoys her little play tent. I'm trying to keep movie time to a minimum. I tried getting them to play with playdough, but they try to eat it. Any toddler activity ideas are welcome!

3 comments:

Sarraphim said...

Might wanna try asking Melia. She has lots of ideas for kids, and maybe even toddlers. :)

Jennifer said...

throwing a ball, wadded up piece of paper if balls aren't allowed thrown in the house, in a laundry basket. sock puppets. empty food boxes stacked up to build things. music freeze dance. I'm sure I'll think of more stuff.(:

the videos are too cute! I'm sure that was loud.lol

Laura Chapman said...

I always liked arts and crafts. Always a big hit with the nephew too. Preferably things they don't want to eat.