Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolutions

Happy New Year!!!

I love using the new year as a fresh start on life. After reading a church talk about resolutions, I decided to group my New Year's resolutions into four categories of growth: wisdom/intelligence, social, physical, and spiritual. Here are some of my resolutions:

Wisdom/Intelligence:
1. Read 16 books this year.
2. Take a class at the community college or some other venue to develop an interest.

Social:
1. Make at least 1 new friend. (That might sound a little trite, but when you're a stay-at-home mom in a one-car family, making and keeping friends takes a little extra effort.)
2. Work on thinking the best of people instead of the worst.

Physical:
1. Start getting up earlier to get more accomplished in the morning.
2. Get my weight under 150.
3. Purchase a YMCA membership and work out regularly.

Spiritual:
1. Attend the temple at least monthly.
2. Complete the study materials before each Sunday school lesson.

I'm confident that these (and there are more, I just chose not to list all of them) are things I can actually do. I was reading through the list of resolutions I set for 2009 and I accomplished almost every single one of them. I'm a person who becomes highly motivated by goal-setting, so I'm ready to get to work!
What are your resolutions?

3 comments:

Scott and Danielle said...

Thanks for posting the link to the talk you read. I was thinking about having family home evening on resolutions, but didn't make it far enough to look for an article. Good resolutions. One of mine is to have FHE every week.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you've got some great things to work on this year! I know you can do anything you put your mind to!!

Stephanie said...

Good for you, those sound like great goals. If you are ever interested Tuesday night is our temple night, we rotate every week who gets to go. The 7:30 session is always really small, and it is fun to see people you know in a session. We should get together sometime. Do have a car during the day?