Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fun times

It has been too long since we have last posted on our family blog. We've been busy with lots of things. Last weekend, we had our good friends, the Olbrichts, in from North Platte. They and their five children camped out in our basement for a few days, and we were able to go to the temple, Omaha Children's Museum and the slides downtown. It was really good to have them here.

Then yesterday Tony and I went to the Huskers vs. Cyclones football game in Lincoln while my parents watched Ruth. It would have been more fun if we had been more prepared for the weather. It was much colder than we expected it to be. Also, the Huskers played terribly, which wasn't much fun to watch. However, Tony and I got the chance to talk and be together, so that was good.


We also went to a ward Halloween party last night. Tony was Kip from Napoleon Dynamite, and I was Deb. We had a good time, and then went to get Ruthie, who had a good day hanging out with her grandma and grandpa.



I'm also getting busy volunteering with the local neighborhood association. Me and another gal in the neighborhood are trying to put together a newsletter on a very short time frame. It's coming together very well, though.

In terms of my weight loss/fitness goals, I haven't done so hot during the past week or two. I have some good days, but other days I totally blow it and eat too many calories and/or too much fat. I will say that I am getting better about working out. I've found that variety is key for me. I think the food will fall into place as I get more diligent about it. Sometimes I just need a bowl of ice cream, though!

-Meredith

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE the Halloween costumes!! Those are too fun!(>: I know you'll reach all your weight loss/fitness goals. Just hang in there. I'm here for ya(:

Soozee Carmichael said...

Oh my gosh, you guys crack me up! I was a Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary Student for my ward's party, it was fun. But you guys, wow, those are awesome costumes!!