Friday, October 9, 2009

I am an official taste tester

My friends get me into some great stuff. First, the Jenks family got me into Freecycle. Now, my friend Becky has gotten me into a program called Innovation Research, which is a taste-testing facility. I went into my first taste test yesterday, and it was a cinch. I spent 30 minutes there taste testing four samples of an unknown kind of bread, gave my feedback, and that was it! Best of all, they pay $25 cash per visit!!!! Woot. They also do some take-home tests, which pay more. Anyhow, if you live in the Omaha area you should sign up for it. My friend Becky, who has been involved with it for a while, says she maybe does one taste test per month. That's not a lot, but it's easy money!!! An automated phone line calls you when a test is open, and you answer some questions to see if you qualify. Easy peasy. :)

In other news, I got a boatload of children's books and some coupons from Freecycle. I love it! I also started a SparkPeople page to keep track of my weight loss and fitness goals (as recommended by Jenn). Feel free to check it out.

-Meredith

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I need something like that around here! Oh yeah! I told Mike about freecycle.com he was pretty interested. I keep getting logged off of sparkpeople when I try to read your blog or give you a spark goodie so Mikes going to have to figure out my cookies(I think that's why it's doing it)