Monday, March 8, 2010

I {heart} Etsy.

I made my first purchase on Etsy today. Look at my new wristlet by Buttercuppity, made with Amy Butler fabrics:I love Amy Butler Fabrics. Her website is so neat, and she offers FREE patterns for quilts, scarfs, and other projects. I printed some out tonight.

Buying this wristlet on Etsy was an interesting experience because I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. I was actually looking for a wristlet wallet - basically a wallet (with a coin pouch, credit card slots, etc.) with a wristlet strap. I couldn't find one - at least not in pretty Amy Butler fabrics. It has made me feel a little motivated to open my own Etsy shop and sell the style of wristlets and wallets that I couldn't find. However, I think I would need to get a lot of practice making them before I would feel comfortable selling them. My lovely sister-in-law, Jenn, is also thinking of starting an Etsy shop and inspired me to shop on Etsy today.

I was looking around Etsy and found so many pretty, wonderful things that I would love to buy. I need to learn a craft really well and start my own business! Here are some cute things I love:
Crochet hat by LovelyKnits: $18.96


Fresh Poppies Coin Purse by Girl... by Aileen: $20 (This would match my bag!)


Wool Felt Finger Puppets by StayAwake: $6.50 each

The Gwenna A-Line Maternity Skirt by SeeMommySew: $45

I enjoy shopping from Etsy because I feel like I'm supporting fellow stay-at-home moms and entrepreneurs. And there's just some neat stuff on there. I found purses I LOVED, but they were listed at $60-$80, which of course isn't in my budget.

Oh, and if any of you are feeling generous enough to buy me one of those things, feel free!!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Etsy too. I bought a necklace there once that used a Scrabble tile with a picture enameled to the back. On a sidenote, check out regretsy.com sometime. It has pictures of questionable "What were they thinking?" etsy projects. Be forewarned, not everything on regretsy is appropriate, but some of the pictures did make me laugh. :)

Jennifer said...

That would be awesome if you opened up a shop too!! I love the finger puppets!