Sunday, March 28, 2010

A blog post about something




M: Hello. Tony suggested we do a blog post and that we take turns writing every other paragraph. I'm not sure what this post is going to be about. We will just have to wait and see! Of course, the big thing on our minds is going to Walt Disney World tomorrow. We are stoked!

T: Yep, stoked. Like wild, blazing fires of Disney nostalgia, waiting for the wind of our jet engines to ignite the blaze of childhood in our hearts.

M: Right..... Anyway, I was super excited about going on all the rides until a few days ago, when I realized that pregnant women aren't supposed to go on a lot of the cool rides. I know, I'm only 12 weeks along, so at first I thought to myself, "I can get around this rule... I'm barely showing!" But I did some research and apparently thrill rides can cause placental abruption. We don't want that to happen. So I'll be restricted to the kiddie rides. Even though I love thrill rides. Oh well.

T: This really is an exciting trip, and it's starting to sink in. Walt Disney productions have always played an integral part in my own childhood. I mean, I remember my father, the man among men, taking me alone to see The Little Mermaid. After the movie, a woman came up and thanked us because, according to her, my hysterical laughter at the scene where Sebastian's jaw drops helped her enjoy the movie even more. I feel like I'm going, not only to enjoy myself, but to say "Thank you" for a childhood full of wonderful memories. Plus, I get to hang out with my dorkface brother and my non-dorkface sister.

M:We're staying at the Fort Wilderness Resort, which includes cabins, campgrounds, fishing, canoeing, horseback riding, tennis, etc. We're staying in cabins. Tony and his brother are planning on fishing during their free time. I'm so excited! We keep telling Ruth that she'll get to see Nemo, her favorite Disney character. Hopefully he shows up!

T:Really, Ruth is at the age where she will probably have a good time because of the visual and audio stimuli, but she can't really associate it much further than that. My sister's daughters, though, are older and will probably get a lot more out of the princess breakfasts, etc. I figure Walt Disney will be sticking around with us as a family for a long time, or for at least as long as Disney continues to put out quality productions. And yes, we plan on fishing. And I have to say I'm pretty excited.

M:We're also pretty excited about seeing our family, including our nieces, Tony's siblings, his mom and others. It will be even better to have this experience with all of them! Our general attitude at this point is that we want to just relax and go with the flow. There's no ride that we can't miss. What really matters is having fun and spending time with family.

T:Meredith just said it's time to wrap it up, so, I guess... *fold* *fold* *spin* *tape* *twist tie*

M:*Cough**dork**Cough* We will be back in about a week with lots of pictures and great stories! See you then!

4 comments:

alli said...

What a cool idea to alternate between the two of you. Hope you have fun at Disney World!

Jennifer said...

So, to give you an idea about how much I'll cry when I see you guys...I just started tearing up at the non-dorkface sister deal. I'm so excited to share this experience with you guys!!!

Stephanie said...

Can you explain what "fold fold spin tape twist tie" means?
Thanks and have a good trip.

Alissa said...

How fun, I was just thinking that Victory and I should do a joint post...so don't be surprised if we copy you. :) Hope you're having a great time at Disney World!!