Sunday, April 11, 2010

A new post about posting posts, but mostly about my wife.

Greetings to all those faithful amrgardner.blogspot fans! (Namely my sister, Alissa/Victory, and a few others.)

As you may or may not have guessed, I do not normally do blog posts. My wonderful, beautiful wife Meredith is usually proactive about it. She'll take faithful pictures of my carpentry antics and post them while commenting lovingly on the craftsmanship of my hands, but I rarely have anything to say personally. I thought I'd take a stab at it.

I work for a fantastic wireless telephone company that employs other fantastic people. I have the pleasure of working with a team that is rich in background and character. Sometimes our discussions involve our client base, sometimes the company, and sometimes we talk about our personal lives and the different trials and tribulations we are faced with day to day. (Case in point, it taking me 6 hours to install a dishwasher. That's a funny story.)

As I sit back and listen to the stories that my workmates tell, I am struck with an amazing sense of gratitude for my sweet wife, Meredith. Really, every aspect of my life is made better by the fact that she chose to be sealed to me for time and also for all eternity. The things we go through as a couple here in the "time" part are fun, and frustrating, and heartwarming, and infuriating... all those emotions that come from constantly shifting perspectives, the constant moving of my eye from one goal to the next, then the next... but as I contemplate more and more the idea of keeping my eye single to the never-ending happiness and well-being of others, I realize that I wouldn't be able to achieve such results in their lives without first seeing to never-ending happiness and well-being of my beautiful wife. And oh, what a pleasure it is. I don't see why I don't try to do insanely cute things more often! I mean, I know that happiness and well-being is periodic now, but that isn't how it will always be.

One of the most stressful parts of adolescence were the relationships that existed with members of the opposite sex. As a young man (or woman, as I'm sure some of you can relate), there is a lot of drama! Who likes who, and who goes out with who, etc... it's just crazy! But now that I'm married, I don't have to worry about any of that. I have the immense joy and responsibility to treat my wife like a queen forever. In that movie Fireproof it talks about "getting your degree" in your spouse. I need to work on a few more credit hours of that this semester.

I should get back to work.

-Tony

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Awww, thanks. :)

Jennifer said...

What a sweetheart you are(: Miss you!