Monday, April 19, 2010

Cute ideas for Ruth's room

So I have been slowly gathering cute decorating ideas for Ruth's room, which is pretty far down the list when it comes to things we want to redo in our house. But I'm probably most excited to take care of her room because little girl rooms can be so cute! Right now we're still planning on painting it yellow. But who knows -- that may change between now and whenever we actually do it. Anyway, here are some things I want to put in her room:

1. Group of different sized photo frames with neat pictures/drawings/paper inside
From YoungHouseLove

These people used scrapbook paper and clippings out of magazines for some of their art. I think this grouping looks so fresh and cute.

2. Floating bookshelves, either made or purchased from someplace like Target (on sale this week for $5-$8 apiece). These could also go other places in the house.


3. Armoire, probably made by Tony. This plan is from one of my favorite blogs, KnockOffWood, which features plans for beautiful homemade furniture. Some pieces are knock-offs designed to look like furniture you would by at high-end stores, hence the blog name. :)

4. Cutest homemade kitchen play set, ever!


I saw this and immediately fell in love. It was featured on KnockOffWood, but the plans are by CraftingChicks. This would be more for a playroom than Ruth's room, since there probably wouldn't be enough space to fit it all in Ruth's room. But I love it!!! The person who made this spent $127 for everything, including fabric and accessories, but she made this out of high-quality wood. It will be a hand-me-down toy. Maybe a future Christmas or birthday gift?

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on future decorating ideas! Our goal right now is to get some landscaping and yard work done during the next month, and then hopefully we can start working on the inside of the house.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love those ideas! & I LOVE the kitchen!! My girls had the little tykes stuff but I would've rather had something like that. Way cute(:

Annika Niven said...

Love the ideas! I like your style:)