Monday, April 26, 2010

Mourning the Melting Pot


I know I must be a little out of the loop, but my favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot, has closed. :( I guess it's been closed for a couple of months now. Big bummer. BIG bummer. My parents took me there for my birthday one year, and then Tony and I have celebrated our past two anniversaries by eating there. The last time we went was especially nice -- we got a private booth/room and spent about 2 hours there enjoying the fondue goodness. Our anniversary is coming up again in a couple of weeks, so I was going online to check out The Melting Pot menu and the place is GONE!!!! Ugh. So now time to find a new nice restaurant to enjoy. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know. We aren't afraid to spend a bit of money -- it's our anniversary, after all.

Bye Melting Pot!!! I will miss you!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Noodles & Company! Lol...or you can do your own fondue. It's actually kind of fun. I have a great recipe for the cheese fondue, and I know you have a chocolate melter, plus I have an excellent list of things you can dip!

Meredith said...

I've actually thought about the "do our own fondue" idea, and I think we will probably do that at some point during the week. Mother's Day is on Sunday, our anniversary is on Wednesday, and my birthday is on Saturday. So one of those days we will make our own fondue. :) And as much as I love Noodles & Co., I think it's a little unromantic for an anniversary dinner. :)

Jennifer said...

I've heard about The Melting Pot but I still haven't gone. The closest one is about an hour away. I hope wherever you celebrate your anniversary, it's an amazing night. Love you!

Stephanie said...

I didn't know that the Melting Pot closed and I live on this side of town. I have heard that Brother Sebastian's is really nice. It is an old monastary (I don't know how to spell that) and the waiter's are dressed like monks.

Also the French Cafe downtown has been voted most romantic resturant in Omaha a few years in a row. We haven't been because when we looked at the menu on-line I didn't know what any of it was, so we steered clear. We aren't very brave.

BoneFish is supposed to be really good, if you like fish.

Good Luck.

And I will miss the cheese fondue at the melting pot. (We hated the main course. I think that it is disgusting that they bring you raw meat).